Ho! Ho! Hohoho!
A warm welcome to the ELEMENTS Advent Calendar 2017. These 24 bits (!) of digital chocolate will entertain you through Christmas season!
Digital door #21 – Interesting M&E industry fun facts
We love the media and entertainment market and it offers some exciting stories. For you we have compiled some interesting facts.
Did you know that …
- The first in-flight movie was shown on April 6, 1925. The silent film was screened on a Deutsche Lufthansa flight.
- With 400,000,000 TV set up China is the television capital of the world.
- When children finish elementary school they have seen 100,000 acts of violence by 8,000 murders on television.
- In 1953 the first Academy Awards ceremony was broadcasted.
- Dracula is the most filmed story of all time.
- The Russian Imperial Necklace has been loaned out by Joseff jewelers of Hollywood for 1,215 different features in films.
- Soap Operas got their name because they were originally used to advertise soap powder. In the early days of television, advertisers wrote stories around the use of their soap powder.
- The Academy Awards were held twice in 1930.
- Approximately 55% of movies released are Rated R, which means they’re restricted. Children under 17 require accompanying parent or adult guardian wo watch them.
- The MGM lion, whose name was Leo, lived in Memphis until his death.
- The first theatre to show motion pictures was the Nickelodeon on June 19, 1905 in Pittsburgh.
- The average child sees 30,000 televisions commercials every year.
- The Oscars giving out during World War II were made of wood because metal was scarce.